Cassowary Coast Regional Council

Animals Animals

Permit to Keep Animals

Certain animals are restricted or prohibited in areas zoned other than rural.

In certain circumstances approval may be given to residents to keep restricted animals or numbers of animals.

An application for a permit to keep animals must be submitted to Council with the prescribed fees and supportive documentation.