Come and stay in caravan and camping grounds with ocean, river and rainforest views...
Council owns and runs a number of caravan parks/camping grounds in the region:
- Kurrimine Beach (On the beachfront) PLEASE NOTE Kurrimine Beach Caravan Park amenities will be closed for upgrade works from 28 January 2020 for a duration of approximately three months. During this time there will be portaloos available onsite and cold water showers accessible at Taifolas Park Amenities Block. There may be inaccessible sites and construction noise during the duration of works. Council apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Cowley Beach PLEASE NOTE Cowley Beach Caravan Park is closed for renovations until further notice. Council apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Bingil Bay (On the beachfront at the northern end of Bingil Bay Beach, which is north of Mission Beach)
- Hull Heads (On river frontage a stone's throw from the beach off Luff St)
- Garden Island (Off Cardwell near Hinchinbrook Island. Transport can be arranged through Absolute North Charters & Hinchinbrook Island Ferries.) To book Garden Island please complete the booking form and return to Council Customer Service with payment.
Campers and caravanners are welcome to stay for up to four weeks in each camping area except Hull Heads where the longest stay is four nights. Please register on arrival. There are no forward bookings except for Garden Island which must be booked before arrival. Dogs are welcome at all of these camping spots except Garden Island. Dogs need to be on a lead at all times at our camping/caravan park grounds.
Council also owns caravan parks/camping grounds that are privately leased and operated:
- River Drive (In Innisfail with Johnstone River frontage)
Phone (07) 4061 2515
- Flying Fish Point (On the beachfront road with a rainforest backdrop about 10 minute's drive east from Innisfail)
Phone (07) 4061 3131
- Etty Bay (Beachfront south of Innisfail with a rainforest backdrop)
Phone (07) 4063 2314
- Mission Beach Camping and Caravan Park (Beachfront)
- Phone (07) 4210 6078
Council co-manages other camping areas:
- Dunk Island (off Mission Beach)
Travellers can deposit their wastewater (sewage) from caravans and RVs at Council's public dumping sites:
Mission Beach: 53 Porter Promenade (next to Mission Beach Caravan Park)
Innisfail: 3 River Avenue, Hadrell Park (Bruce Highway)
Tully: Tully Showgrounds Butler Street (on the left side of the showgrounds gate when entering)
Please use official camping spots in our region.
You can be fined for camping outside designated camping spots.
Please respect our region and stay in official camping grounds and caravan parks.