Council provides limited financial assistance to support community organisations and individuals making a positive contribution to the development of the Cassowary Coast region’s environmental, social and cultural values, economic, sport, recreation and lifestyle.
This support is provided through the Community Assistance Scheme. Reviews of programs should be undertaken every 3 to 5 years to ensure best practice of facilitation, transparency and measuring impact in the community.
Cassowary Coast Regional Council advises that the Community Assistance Scheme which includes Annual Grants, Youth Assistance, Donations, Subsidies, a Significant Events Program and Mayors Christmas Appeal, will undergo a review that will apply to the 2016-2017 financial year.
This will not affect applications for the remainder of the 2016-17 financial year, ending June 30.
What does this mean for you?
Categories of funding, capped funding allocations, policy, criteria, guidelines and forms may change.
Once Council has approved the reviewed policy, the community will be informed of changes on this website and via a series of community information sessions across the four main localities of the Council region - Innisfail, Tully, Mission Beach and Cardwell.
To help Council to best disseminate information to your organisation, please ensure that club details are regularly updated and forwarded to Council. An update form has been included for your convenience.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact Cultural and Recreational Development Officer Kath Barnett on 4030 2255 or 0419 308 530, via email: email@example.com or via post: PO Box 887, Innisfail, QLD, 4860.
Applications 2016-17 Financial Year
All applications are assessed on their merit against Council's Community Assistance Scheme policy and guidelines, as well as selection criteria set out in the policy and guidelines.
Organisations applying for funding under the Community Assistance Scheme must comply with Council's policy. All applications must be submitted to Council in hard copy format.
Council holds one round of community grants for community groups each year, generally from August to October, with funding approvals capped at $3000.
The categories are:
- Sport & Recreation Development
- Community and Youth Development
- Environmental Development
- Community Events
- Arts & Cultural Development
Council also provides funding to community organisations and individuals through different funding/grant programs:
- Youth - Individual Excellence in Community Sports, Recreation, Environment, Cultural Academic
- Donations (considered on an emergent basis & capped at $500). This category is not available for the 2016/17 financial year.
- In-Kind Support
- Mayor's Christmas Appeal
Please see the Community Assistance Scheme Guidelines and Assessment Criteria below for more details.
Information Privacy and Right to Information
Applicants must consent to the information contained within this application being disclosed to or by Cassowary Coast Regional Council for the purpose of assessing, administering, monitoring and evaluation. Council may contact other funding agencies to verify grants requested from other funding agencies in support of projects. For transparency, all payments will be viewable on this website.
- Community Assistance Scheme Guidelines
- Community Assistance Scheme Assessment Criteria
- Community Assistance Scheme Application Form
- Community Assistance Scheme Youth Category - Sports, Recreation, Environment, Cultural and Academic Application Form
- Community Assistance Scheme Project Acquittal and Outcome Report
- Letter of Support (for funding) Request Form
- General Insurance Information for Applicants
- Local Community Insurance Services
- Policy No. 4.10 - Community Financial Assistance - Community Events, Grants and Donations
10 tips for a strong application
1. Give yourself enough time to gather the required information in order to submit your application by the deadline provided.
2. Make sure you read the application kit carefully, including eligibility criteria and guidelines, as this will assist you in the quality of your application and ensure your project meets our assessment criteria.
3. Follow all application instructions, adhere to word limits and make sure you answer all the required questions.
4. Make sure you complete all contact details as this enables the assessors to contact you if they have questions about your application.
5. Clearly identify how receiving a grant will meet a need in your community that will help foster inclusion and be of benefit to the community.
6. Provide evidence/a compelling reason for your organisation to receive the funding requested.
7. Ensure you have included your ABN and noted if you have DGR1 status (check at http://www.abr.business.gov.au).
8. Keep your application short, sharp and succinct so it is easy to read, and remember to check spelling before submitting your application.
9. Ask someone unfamiliar with the project to read the application to check your information.
10. Make sure you have engaged the necessary stakeholders within your organisation before applying for this grant.
For the best opportunity to secure funding please discuss your project first with Council's Community Development Officer Kath Barnett on the phone 4030 2255 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org