Click HERE for the best address you will need in a disaster
Click HERE to download a copy of the Cassowary Coast Regional Council Disaster Management Plan.
Click HERE to download a copy of the Cassowary Coast Regional Council Cyclone Guide.
The Cassowary Coast region is a beautiful place to live. However, like most other regions, there is a potential risk of natural hazards. In our case, these are likely to be cyclones, floods and bushfires.
We can't afford to be complacent about the dangers they present. See the following headings for information about different hazards and how to prepare for them:
Health and Safety Factsheets
- Returning to a disaster-affected house or building
- Stay safe and healthy after storms, floods and cyclones
- Dealing with mould after a storm, flood or cyclone
- Flood Mapping
- Get Ready Queensland website
- Preparing Your Home - Factsheets in Different Languages
- Preparing a Household Emergency Kit
- Family Disaster Plan
- Storm Tide
- Storm Tide Evacuation Maps
- Industrial Accidents
- Tune into Warnings - Wallet Emergency Card
- Public Cyclone Shelters
|Life Threatening Emergency||000|
|SES Flood & Storm Assistance||13 25 00|
|Power Lines Down||13 16 70|
|Power Failures||13 22 96|
|Main Road Closures||13 19 40|
|Council Disaster Coordination Centre**||1300 188 505|
**The Council Disaster Coordination number is activated in times of disasters. Ring for help with water, waste water, council roads, drains, environmental health etc.
For additonal information on disaster management, you can refer to the website for