Working at Cassowary Coast Regional Council
Cassowary Coast Regional Council has embarked on a program of transformation and renewal to realign the business of Council with the Council’s vision. There is significant community expectation on the Council that services and service delivery is reviewed and provided in a manner that results in best value for ratepayer dollar. The Council has a program of priority projects to transform organisation culture, the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery and regional growth and development. The CEO is leading this program of transformation with the leadership team and key to this is a transformational change in the way services are provided to the community. This includes leading the development and implementation of a complete customer service methodology and a comprehensive planning and scheduling program to reduce reactive maintenance and produce quality, consistency and certainty in service provision to the community, resulting in a best value outcome for the provision of services.
With this philosophy in mind, Cassowary Regional Council is proud to provide its employees with excellent employment conditions and benefits that encourage employees to manage a healthy family/work life balance.
Cassowary Regional Council is proud to provide its employees with excellent employment conditions and benefits including:
- Generous leave
- Up to 17.5% annual leave loading
- Up to 5 weeks annual leave
- Long Service Leave which may be available pro rata after seven years of service
- Up to 15 days personal (sick/carers) leave
- Rostered Days Off
- Generous Superannuation Plan through LGIA or option to nominate fund
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program which is also available for family members
- Corporate Health Care Plans with Bupa and QLD Country Health
- Generous Salary Sacrifice opportunities through Salary Packaging Australia
- Flexible working arrangements (determined by operational requirements)
Visit our Positions Vacant page, select the position that interests you and follow the prompts.
Preparing your application
To be considered for a position, applicants are required to submit the following:
- Current resume showcasing relevant skills and experience; and
- Cover Letter (maximum 2-3 pages) addressing the selection criteria and demonstrated experience of key accountabilities and behavioural competencies of the role.
Submitting your Application
All applications must be submitted via the Cassowary Coast Regional Council website prior to the closing date. Visit http://www.cassowarycoast.qld.gov.au/positions-vacant.