Working at Cassowary Coast Regional Council
Cassowary Coast Regional Council has embarked on a program of transformation and renewal to realign the business of Council with the Council’s vision. There is significant community expectation on the Council that services and service delivery is reviewed and provided in a manner that results in best value for ratepayer dollar. The Council has a program of priority projects to transform organisation culture, the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery and regional growth and development. The CEO is leading this program of transformation with the leadership team and key to this is a transformational change in the way services are provided to the community. This includes leading the development and implementation of a complete customer service methodology and a comprehensive planning and scheduling program to reduce reactive maintenance and produce quality, consistency and certainty in service provision to the community, resulting in a best value outcome for the provision of services.
With this philosophy in mind, Cassowary Regional Council is proud to provide its employees with excellent employment conditions and benefits that encourage employees to manage a healthy family/work life balance.
These benefits include:
- Generous leave
- Up to 17.5% annual leave loading
- Up to 5 weeks annual leave
- Long Service Leave which may be available pro rata after seven years of service
- Parental Leave
- Generous Superannuation Plan through LGIA or options to exercise choice impact
- Personal Leave (Sick/Carers) 5 days above the Fair Work standard
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reimbursement of some professional registration fees for selected roles
- Employee Assistance Program also available for family members
- Family Social Club
- Corporate Health Care Plans with Bupa and QLD Country Health
- Generous Salary Sacrifice opportunities
- Flexible working schedules (determined by operational requirements)
Visit our Positions Vacant page, select the position that interests you and follow the prompts.
Preparing your application
To be considered for this vacancy, applicants are required to submit the following:
- Current resume or CV showcasing relevant skills and experience for the role; and
- Suitability statement (maximum two pages) addressing the key accountabilities, key outcomes and behavioural competencies of the role. The suitability statement should provide examples of relevant experience, qualities and skills that you will bring to the role
Submitting your Application
All applications must be submitted via the Cassowary Coast Regional Council website prior to the closing date. Visit http://www.cassowarycoast.qld.gov.au/positions-vacant.