Cassowary Coast Regional Council has a home-based family day care service which currently helps families from Babinda to Innisfail, El Arish, Mission Beach and Tully. We have about 115 full-time places available.
Family day care is supervised home-based childcare in a family setting for children between the ages of 0 and 12. This program is funded by the Commonwealth Department of Family and Community Services and regulated by the Office of Early Childhood Education & Care.
How do I register my child/children for daycare?
Please give us a call on 1300 763 903 or 07 4030 2285, or register your interest via our Family Day Care Application Form.
Learn more about our friendly family daycare staff:
What we provide for our children, their families and educators:
The Cassowary Coast Family Day Care Scheme provides engaging, safe and secure learning environments to deliver educational care programs through play.
The scheme aims to:
- ensure equal partnership with families, educators and the community
- recognise and nurture the individuality of each child to create a strong sense of identity and effective communication skills
- create meaningful learning opportunities for children
- provide children with a safe and secure environment where they can explore and experience the world around them, creating a sense of wellbeing and belonging
We offer children:
- a secure and safe home environment from birth to 12 years
- play-based learning experiences tailored to each child's developmental stage and interests
- the attention of one consistent, trusted educator
- socialising with mixed-age groups in a family setting
We offer parents:
- a local coordination unit
- experienced and highly-trained childcare professionals
- an accredited, fully licensed and monitored service
- an open relationship between you, your educator and local service staff
- flexible hours by negotiation
- affordable rates
- childcare benefit and childcare rebates to approved families
Are you interested in working as an early childhood educator?
Family day care is also a great career opportunity. Due to the continuing demand for family day care places we recruit early childhood educators from Innisfail to Cardwell.
We offer educators:
- the opportunity to operate your own business, choose your work hours and set your own fees
- the ability to be at home for your own children
- support and mentoring from a qualified, committed coordination unit
- networking with a qualified, experienced and dedicated team of early childhood educators
Educators need to have:
- a senior first aid certificate, asthma and anaphylaxis certificate
- a positive Working with Children Blue Card
- a minimum of Certificate III in Children's Services or be currently enrolled in a Certificate of Children's Services
For more information about early childhood educator job opportunities, call us on 1300 763 903 or 07 4030 2285 and/or register your interest via our Family Day Care Educator Form.
Essential links for your reference.
Australian Government – Federal Regulations
Family Day Care Australia
Family Day Care Queensland
Education and Care Services National Regulations
Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)