Industrial or Chemical Spill Accident
What to do when you come across an accident/spill involving hazardous materials:
- Beware! An unplanned approach could result in being exposed to hazardous materials.
- Stay upwind and on high ground.
- Notify police and/or fire services.
- Avoid contact with material.
- Stay well away.
What to do when hazardous material accident/spill occurs in your area:
- Stay indoors.
- Close doors and all windows.
- Listen to the radio for further advice.
- Evacuate only when advised by police or fire service personnel.
- Turn off all power.