2019 North Queensland Sportstar Awards
An event proudly organised by the
North Queensland Sports Foundation & the Hinchinbrook Shire Council
"Proud to Be North Queensland"
- Senior (18 years and over during the awards period)
- Junior (Nominees for Junior must be under the age of 18 years during the awards period)
- Service to North Queensland Sport
- Athlete with a Disability
- Nominations are Open and live online refer: https://nqsports.com.au/2019-sportstar-awards/
All nominations from the Cassowary Coast will be assessed by the
Cassowary Coast Council with one nomination from each category submitted to the
North Qld Sports Foundation for final selection.
- Late Nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations Close: COB Monday 16th September 2019
This year the Hinchinbrook Shire Council will be hosting the event. Council encourages all Cassowary Coast nominees to attend.
- Date: Saturday 2nd November 2019 (evening commencing at 5:30pm)
- Venue: Hinchinbrook Shire Hall, 25 Lannercost Street, Ingham
- Dress: Cocktail
- Format: One complimentary drink on arrival and canapes followed by Gala Dinner, VIP Guest speaker Mark Knowles OAM 4 x Olympian, Olympic Gold Medallist & 2018 Commonwealth Games Flag Bearer; Emcee Glenn ‘Minty’ Mintern local radio announcer and entertainment by local artist Obsession.
- Tickets available https://nqsports.com.au/2019-sportstar-awards/
- Ticket: $70 per person
NOMINATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
TROPHIES & PRIZES
Trophies are awarded to the Winners and Runners up in each category.
- Senior: Winner receives $2,000 / Runner Up receives $500 (18 years and over during the awards period)
- Junior: Winner receives $1,000 / Runner Up receives $500 (under the age of 18 years during the awards period)
- Athlete with a Disability: Winner receives $1,500 / Runner Up receives $500
- Masters: Winner receives $500 / Runner Up receives $250
- Service to NQ Sport: Winner receives a prize to the value of $500 & Jacket / Runner Up receives a prize to the value of $250 & Jacket
Council will cover expenses relating to tickets and accommodation for nominees for the North Queensland Sportstar Awards. Nominees are encouraged to attend the awards evening.
BASIS OF SELECTION OF THE NORTH QUEENSLAND SPORTSTAR AWARD WINNERS
Nominees for the North Queensland Sportstar Awards will be judged on their achievements and performances during the period of 1st October 2018 to 30th September 2019 except for Service to Sport Award which relate to a longer specified period of time. The following criteria in order of importance are used in the selection process: International representation, National representation, State representation. Nominations are considered by a panel appointed by the NQSF which determines the winners and runners up.
SERVICES TO NORTH QUEENSLAND SPORT
Nominees cannot be an employee within the sport they are being nominated for, nominees must be a volunteer. Any remuneration must be disclosed on the nomination form.
A nominee is a resident of a town/city/shire if they consider the town/city or shire their primary place of residence. For example, several nominees are required to train and compete for extended periods internationally to compete at the level they have attained; however, they return to their permanent residence within their host local authority when in the NQSF region. Membership of local sports club or association assists proof of residency. North Queensland born Golf Star Karrie Webb is an example of a person who could not be nominated because she resides full time in another country.
INCOMPLETE OR INCORRECT APPLICATIONS
Any incomplete applications will not be processed. Incomplete applications will be sent back to the council contact nominated on the submitted form with an opportunity to amend (depending on time left to nomination close date).
We ask that all councils proofread their nominations very carefully prior to submitting to us to avoid any applicants being penalised for incomplete applications.
i.e. if sections are not filled out completely, the photo is not provided ETC
Information provided as part of the nomination process will be used for the purpose of conducting the 2019 North Queensland Sportstar Awards. Contact details provided as part of the nominations will be used to forward correspondence to nominees. The selected winner’s information provided as part of the nomination will be used to automatically be nominated for the 2019 QSport Awards.
Please contact the North Queensland Sports Foundation should you have any enquiries:
Phone – (07) 4724 2500
Email – email@example.com