Cassowary Coast Regional Council is committed to providing opportunities to junior athletes by providing a suite of Sports Bursaries to promote, encourage and sustain sporting participation and healthy life styles in the Cassowary Coast – A Great Place to Be
Six bursaries packages of $750 and branded polo shirt each will be made available annually consisting of:
1. Junior Sports Female (Age 8-12) - $750 and branded polo shirt packages.
2. Junior Sports Male (Age 8-12) - $750 and branded polo shirt packages.
3. Senior Sports Female (Age 13-18) - $750 and branded polo shirt packages.
4. Senior Sports Male (Age 13-18) - $750 and branded polo shirt packages.
5. Junior Indigenous Sports Person (Age 8-12) - $750 and branded polo shirt packages.
6. Senior Indigenous Sports Person (Age 13-18) - $750 and branded polo shirt packages.
Criteria for Assessment
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Nominations must be made on this form.
- Must be an Australian citizen and a permanent resident of the Cassowary Coast Regional Council area.
- Must not be a professional athlete
- Supporting evidence of sporting achievements to date must be attached to the nomination form ie official team listing from recognised sporting governing body, invitation letter from sanctioning body)
- Nominees can not be nominated for the same category in which they have already won an award.
- Nomination forms must be received by 4.30pm Wednesday 15th July 2020.
Conditions on Application
- All Sports Bursary applicants subject to these terms and conditions
- Image to be provided as part of application (winners to be promoted in Council media release)
- The Application must be signed and fully completed including supporting documentation
- All successful applicants must provide appropriate acknowledgement of Council sponsorship support in any media ie social media, paper, radio, public engagement.
How nominations will be judged
The judging panel will consist of Mayor, one divisional Councillor and three independent persons in the community. They will make their decisions based on the criteria for each award and the information provided with the nominations forms. The panel's decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding their decision.
Post Copy: Chief Executive Officer
Cassowary Coast Regional Council
PO Box 887, INNISFAIL Qld 4860
Ph: 1300 763 903
or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand Deliver: Chief Executive Officer or Chief Executive Officer
Cassowary Coast Regional Council Cassowary Coast Regional Council
PO Box 887, INNISFAIL Qld 4860 Civic Centre, 38-40 Bryant St Ph: 1300 763 903 Tully Q 4854
For further information please contact Kath Hansen (Community Development Officer) on Ph: 40302255 or Email: email@example.com.