Cassowary Coast Regional Council issues permits to vendors to operate at the following sites:
- Haddrell Park, Innisfail
- Tully Showgrounds
- Colleen McLaughlin Park, Cardwell
To apply for a standing stall or itinerant vendor's permit an application for a permit to carry out commercial activities on roads must be completed and submitted to Council's Local Laws section with the relevant fee.
- Permit to Carry Out Commercial Activites on Roads Application Form
- Application to Carry Out Commercial Activity on a Road (Outdoor Dining) - Council Controlled Area
A current certificate of public liability, insured to the value of at least $20,000,000 and nominating Cassowary Coast Regional Council as an insured party, must also be submitted.
If you are setting up on a state-controlled main road, you need to seek permission from the Queensland Department of Main Roads. For a list of state-controlled roads in our region, please visit our State Government Roads page.
All outdoor dining permit holders are responsible for the following:
- Carrying out activities in accordance with Council's Local Law No 4 (Local Government Controlled Areas, Facilities and Roads) 2011.
- Maintaining public liability insurance to the value of $20,000,000 with the Council nominated on the policy as an interested party.
- Keeping the area in a clean and tidy condition, to the satisfaction of Council's authorised officers.
- Not causing an unreasonable nuisance or obstruction to the public or other businesses.