The Cassowary Coast region has three aerodromes which are currently owned by the Cassowary Coast Regional Council (Mundoo, Tully and Dallachy). Mundoo Aerodrome is just outside the region's major centre of Innisfail. Tully Aerodrome is close to Tully's central business district and Dallachy Aerodrome is in close proximity to the township of Cardwell - a halfway point between Cairns and Townsville.
Mundoo Aerodrome is the largest of the three and has become a centre for aerial spraying businesses on the coast. The Tully airfield is emerging as a facility for parachuting and skydiving activities. Dallachy Aerodrome has significant potential although its current uses are limited.
• Approximately 6km south west of Innisfail. Access is bitumen roads.
• Runway 1 approximately 1.4 km bitumen
• Runway 2 approximately 1.4 km grass
• Lot Plan 99SP169226, 66.67 ha
• Approximately 2km north-east of Tully. Access is bitumen roads.
• Runway approximately 950m bitumen
• Lot Plan 195SP131220, 29.24ha
• North of Cardwell. Access is gravel road from highway.
• Runway approximately 1km grass
• Lot Plan 134SP106046, 430.8ha