It is important to keep your contact details up to date so you will receive your rates notices within the discount periods.
When purchasing a property, the solicitors handling the conveyancing will notify Council and other service agencies of the service address. Care should be taken to ensure that the solicitor provides the correct details so that Council related correspondence is received.
Council will not change any address details unless it has received written confirmation to do so. It is the property owner's responsibility to ensure that Council receives this information.
You can change your address by completing the change of address application and returning it to Council either by:-
07 4061 4258
PO Box 887, Innisfail Q 4860
70 Rankin Street, Innisfail or 38-40 Bryant Street, Tully or Cardwell Library, Balliol Street, Cardwell
Please use the contact form below to email through details of your change of address.
Cassowary Coast Regional Council charges an ownership transfer fee of $53 (valid from 1 July 2013) when a person buys a property. This fee has been incorporated as part of Property Search fee. You can apply for exemption from the ownership transfer fee when:
- you transfer ownership to a former spouse/de facto/partner as part of a separation of assets
- the property goes to surviving joint tenant/s on the death of other joint tenant/s
- there is a transfer by consent/direction
- it is a public trustee transaction
- it is pursuant to a will intestacy – this occurs when ownership transfer was not made clear in a deceased owner's will
- an error in an earlier transfer of property needs to be fixed
The following purchases are not exempt from payment of the ownership transfer fee:
- purchases made in the name of a trust
- purchases made in the name of a company