Council's Environmental Services department licences premises prescribed as dangerous goods locations in the Dangerous Good Safety Management Regulation 2001 (Schedule 1).
Licensable premises include service stations, fuel storage depots etc.
Applications can be submitted for new permits, renewal of permits, alteration of existing premises, and transfer of licence, by lodging one of the following application forms along with prescribed fees and appropriate supportive documentation:
- Application of a new licence to store flammable and combustible liquids
- Application for renewal of licence to store
- Application to transfer license to store flammable and combustible liquids
- Application for alteration of premises to store
If you are starting a new business, you should contact the following Council areas:
- Building and Planning, phone 07 4030 2222
- Council's trade waste officer, phone 0447 794 153
For more information on Dangerous Goods, follow the link to the relevant Queensland Government website.