Welcome to Cassowary Coast Libraries
Cassowary Coast Libraries is a welcoming, inclusive place for all members of the community. Each branch provides comfortable reading spaces, computer and Wi-Fi access and a range of programs and services.
Cassowary Coast Libraries is a service of Cassowary Coast Regional Council.
COVID-19 Update 07/07/2020 - Libraries to re-open on Saturdays
Cardwell, Innisfail, Mission Beach and Tully branches are open during normal operating hours Monday-Friday, and will re-open on Saturdays from the 18th July.
- Members can continue to enjoy increased loan limits of 15 items, with all items available for loan for 3 weeks.
- More borrowing options are available through our increased eLibrary platforms.
- After hours return chutes remain open 24/7 for customers wishing to return items without entering the library.
- Meeting rooms and some programs available with social distancing. See branch for details.
Staff thank you for your patience and understanding as we all transition to this new response period.
State Library of Queensland have extended external access to Ancestry Library Edition until 31 August! Normally only available from the library branch, customers are now able to create an eMembership with State Library of Queensland to access this service from home!
For more information about Ancestry Library Edition, go to our eResources page.
Are you and your little ones missing StoryTime at the Library?
Head over to our Facebook page for stories, songs and familiar faces with our new Online Storytime. Videos will be uploaded regularly for you to enjoy at home.
Find us on Facebook at Cassowary Coast Libraries, and like our page to get all the latest posts, videos and updates.
Wooden Spoon Recipe Club - now online
Do you love cooking and sharing food? Well, grab your aprons- because we've taken our Wooden Spoon Recipe Club online!
This month's theme is: Morning Tea
Taking part is easy:
1. Cook or make a dish that fits this month's theme
2. Take a photo of your dish and email the photo and recipe to: firstname.lastname@example.org - 1 photo per entry
3. We will upload your photo to our Recipe Club page and Facebook page (let us know if you want us to include your name with your entry.
Library services and resources are funded by Council and the Queensland State Government. Cassowary Coast Libraries receives financial assistance from the Queensland Government through the State Library of Queensland.