Welcome to Cassowary Coast Libraries
Cassowary Coast Libraries is a welcoming, inclusive place for all members of the community. Each branch provides comfortable reading spaces, computer and Wi-Fi access and a range of programs and services.
Cassowary Coast Libraries is a service of Cassowary Coast Regional Council.
State Library of Queensland have extended external access to Ancestry Library Edition until 31 July! Normally only available from the library branch, customers are now able to create an eMembership with State Library of Queensland to access this service from home!
For more information about Ancestry Library Edition, go to our eResources page.
COVID-19 Update 14/05/2020
Cassowary Coast Library buildings reopen to the public
In response to easing restrictions around the state, Cassowary Coast Libraries will open for express borrowing, with social distancing measures, from Monday 18 May.
- Cardwell, Innisfail and Tully branches are open during normal operating hours Monday-Friday, but for the time being will remain closed on Saturdays.
- In accordance with state and federal government guidelines, there is a limit to the number of people permitted in the library at any one time. Customers are asked to make their stay short so that others may also access the library in a quick and efficient way.
- Members can continue to enjoy increased loan limits of 15 items, with all items available for loan for 3 weeks.
- More borrowing options are available through our increased eLibrary platforms.
- After hours return chutes remain open 24/7 for customers wishing to return items without entering the library.
- Council is committed to the safety of our community. Under advice from state and federal government, the following services are currently unavailable: public computers; printing, scanning & photocoying; public toilets and parent rooms; in-branch programs & activities; inter-library loans and book club sets; Centrelink Access Points (Cardwell & Mission Beach); newspapers; meeting rooms; reading and study areas.
- Staff thank you for your patience and understanding as we all transition to this new response period. We look forward to serving you again.
Click. Call. Collect
Members can now reserve items online and arrange to collect their loans from their local library branch.
This new service supports social distancing measures and is perfect for anyone wanting to avoid queues.
1) Login to Member Services using your library card barcode and password (your date of birth as an 8 digit number). Browse the online catalogue and click Reserve Title on items you want to borrow.
2) Library staff will call you and let you know when all your items have arrived in branch and are ready for collection.
3) Collect your items at the arranged time.
If you need assistance, or can't access the internet, call us on 1300 366 616, and our staff will be happy to assist.
Are you and your little ones missing StoryTime at the Library?
Head over to our Facebook page for stories, songs and familiar faces with our new Online Storytime. Videos will be uploaded regularly for you to enjoy at home.
Find us on Facebook at Cassowary Coast Libraries, and like our page to get all the latest posts, videos and updates.
Wooden Spoon Recipe Club - now online
Do you love cooking and sharing food? Well, grab your aprons- because we've taken our Wooden Spoon Recipe Club online!
This month's theme is: Morning Tea
Taking part is easy:
1. Cook or make a dish that fits this month's theme
2. Take a photo of your dish and email the photo and recipe to: email@example.com - 1 photo per entry
3. We will upload your photo to our Recipe Club page and Facebook page (let us know if you want us to include your name with your entry.
Library services and resources are funded by Council and the Queensland State Government. Cassowary Coast Libraries receives financial assistance from the Queensland Government through the State Library of Queensland.