Setting Up Your Business
Here are some helpful tips to setting up your business!
- Prepare a business plan - Refer to the Australian Government's Business Entry Point website for more information.
- Talk to your local Business Enterprise Centre, Advance Cairns.
- Register your business name - Start by downloading an application form from the Queensland Office of Fair Trading website.
- Visit SmartLicence for information on registering your business name in Queensland.
- Register your website domain name with your internet service provider.
- Apply for your Australian Business Number (ABN) online. At the same time you can register for GST, PAYG withholding and TFN.
- Find out about the Council permits and licenses needed for your business. Visit our Permits and Licences page.
- Protect your brand with register logos, trademarks etc. by referring to Intellectual Property.
- Consider your insurance needs by referring to Business Insurance.