Manufacturing and Light Industry
The Cassowary Coast has a long-standing history in manufacturing and light industry.
Organisations such as the Northern Iron & Brass Foundry, which commenced operation in Innisfail in 1932, and IBS Engineering Supplies are proud locals and nationally-recognised players.
Along with other nationally-recognised organisations such as Bradken and Jackson & Jackson Refrigeration, the region boasts significant potential for growth and diversification.
Council is keen to speak to organisations and individuals who are looking for opportunities to establish and develop the manufacturing and light industry sector.
Opportunities exist in:
- Clean technology
- Tropical building solutions
- Marine industry products
- Aviation industry products
- Relaxed tropical lifestyle attributes of the region bring a balanced approach to work life
- Close proximity to two airports (Cairns and Townsville) with growing international and domestic services
- Close proximity to sea ports in Mourilyan (Cassowary Coast), Townsville and Cairns
- Well-serviced road and rail transport
- Close proximity to Queensland's second capital, Townsville, and to Cairns, yet far enough away to be removed from the hustle and bustle of city life
- Close to a major research university with campuses in Townsville and Cairns
- Competitive business establishment costs and overheads
- Competitive labour costs and access to a pool of labour