Cassowary Coast Regional Council Community Funding
Applying for Community Sponsorship, Grants and Donations
Council provides limited financial assistance to support community organisations and individuals making a positive contribution to the development of the Cassowary Coast region’s environmental, social and cultural values, economic, sport, recreation and lifestyle.
Financial assistance can be through sponsorship, grants, donations to individuals and not-for-profit community organisations. This intends to enhance livability through the breadth and quality of community events, services, programs and facilities in the Region consistent with the Council’s adopted Annual Budget and strategic priorities that are identified in its Corporate Plan and Operational Plan for any given year.
- Event Sponsorship
- Community Services Sponsorship
- Community Assistance Scheme Annual Grants
- Youth Assistance
- Cassowary Coast Community Christmas Appeal
- Letters of Support
- Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF)
For more information please refer to the Community Grant Guideline:
Information Privacy and Right to Information
Applicants must consent to the information contained within this application being disclosed to or by Cassowary Coast Regional Council for the purpose of assessing, administering, monitoring and evaluation. Council may contact other funding agencies to verify grants requested from other funding agencies in support of projects. For transparency, all payments will be viewable on this website. Refer:
Guidelines and Assessment Criteria
- Community Grant Policy
- Community Grant Policy Guidelines
- Community Assistance Scheme Annual Grant Application Form 2021/2022
- Community Assistance - Annual Community Grants Outcome Report 2020/2021
- Community Assistance - Youth Financial Assistance Form 2021/2022
- Community Assistance Scheme Assessment Criteria
- Letter of Support (for funding) Request Form
- Community Assistance - Annual Community Grants Outcome Report 2019/2020
- Community Assistance - Event Sponsorship Outcome Report 2019/2020
- Community Assistance - Funding Acknowledgement
- Community Assistance - Minor Event Sponsorship Application 2021/2022
- Talking Respect Doument - Establishing guidelines and protocols for respectful engagement with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities of the Cassowary Coast Region.
12 tips for a strong application
- Give yourself enough time to gather the required information in order to submit your application by the deadline provided.
- Make sure you read the application kit carefully, including eligibility criteria and guidelines, as this will assist you in the quality of your application and ensure your project meets our assessment criteria.
- Contact your Council’s Grants Officer before you commence your application to discuss your project and to ensure your project meets eligibility and criteria.
- Follow all application instructions, adhere to word limits and make sure you answer all the required questions.
- Make sure you complete all contact details as this enables the assessors to contact you if they have questions about your application.
- Clearly identify how receiving a grant will meet a need in your community that will help foster inclusion and be of benefit to the community.
- Provide evidence/a compelling reason for your organisation to receive the funding requested.
- Ensure you have included your ABN and noted if you have DGR1 status (check at www.abr.business.gov.au).
- Keep your application short, sharp and succinct so it is easy to read, and remember to check spelling before submitting your application.
- Ensure you have included all the required supporting documentation ie quotes, letters of support/partnership/participation, incorporation certificate etc
- Ask someone unfamiliar with the project to read the application to check your information.
- Make sure you have engaged the necessary stakeholders within your organisation before applying for this grant.