Get to know your Neighbour - Meet your Street BBQ's
Win a BBQ Pack through clean-up Campaign
The purpose of the Get to know Your Neighbour ‘Meet Your Street’ campaign is to raise awareness of the importance of social connection and neighbourly actions throughout the year. Particularly in the lead up to Cyclone season, knowing your neighbours, and your broader community has never been more important.
This year’s campaign will also include an initiative prompting residents to get to know their neighbours and assist them in being informed and prepared for storm season. That campaign includes local residents nominating as a group to hold a “get to know your neighbour” street get together in conjunction with Councils Clean Up campaign, with one group per Council division being in a draw to receive $200 worth of BBQ supplies for their event from Council. The divisional Councillor will also attend the BBQ to expand on the campaign.
Registrations to win BBQ packs are open to residents living within Council’s six divisional areas: One BBQ pack for each division.
What do you need to Do!
- Hold a clean-up activity in your street with participating neighbours (involving at least four neigbours)
- Take minimum 3 images as evidence of activity and Council promotion.
- Forward images to Council with completed Application form by Friday 27th November 2020.
The winning BBQ packs will be drawn Monday 30 November with winning BBQ activities to be held anytime up until Friday 18 December 2020.
To be eligible for apply:
- Applicants must live in one of the six divisional area of Cassowary Coast, (see Divisional Area Maps for more information)
- Activities must be held within the nominated Cassowary Coast division
- Activities must take place before Friday 18th December 2020
- Applicants must apply as an individual – representing a group. Established organisations or community groups can obtain support via other government funding
- Activities must include a minimum of four neighbours on your street, and not be open to the general public
- Activities must be provided free of charge to neighbours.
- Image/s of clean up activity and BBQ event to be provided post activity with permissions (Activities may be promoted in Council media release/Council documentation)
- All winning applicants subject to these terms and conditions
Post Copy: Chief Executive Officer or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cassowary Coast Regional Council
PO Box 887, INNISFAIL Qld 4860
Ph: 1300 763 903
DATES: Registrations Close: Friday 27 November 2020
The winning BBQ packs will be drawn Monday 30 November 2020
Activities to be held anytime up until Friday 18th December 2020.
- Any risks associated with the conduct of Know Your Neighbour events are the responsibility of the host individuals and organisations and their neighbourhoods and communities. The wellbeing of participants should be considered in event planning.
- Consideration should be given to keeping everyone attending an event safe, particularly children.
- Some tips are: stick to an invitation-only event; work with the local councils or relevant authorities in respect to road blocking permissions; ensure alcohol is consumed in moderation; observe fire bans; and be careful near lakes, rivers and other bodies of water.
- Also, ask your guests to keep an eye out for others whilst at the event, safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- And, a good neighbour always ensures that their friends get home safely.
Going out, travel, recreation and gathering in Queensland COVID-19 Information
Refer to QLD Government Website on movement and gathering details.
View Cassowary Coast Regional Council Statement of Compliance - Event plan document.
View QLD Government's Statement of Compliance - Event Plan document,