Cassowary Coast Regional Council Community Funding
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – Community Event Sponsorship (Major)
Realising the Cassowary Coast Region has the potential to be a vibrant, successful and sustainable events destination, Council supports community events within the Cassowary Coast region that contribute to the regions overall events vision whilst ensuring the economic and social benefits are provided. Funding for the following 12 months is available through Expression of Interest.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - Community Services Sponsorship
Council makes available financial assistance to incorporated community not for profit organisations which facilitate the delivery of important activities and services within the Cassowary Coast region each financial year. Funding for the following 12 months is available through Expression of Interest.
Closing Date 4.30pm Friday 2nd April 2021. For further information contact Kath Hansen (Community Development Officer) 40302255 or reference Community Assistance Scheme guidelines.
Please forward submission to:
Cassowary Coast Regional Council
PO Box 887, Innisfail Qld 4860
Applying for Community Sponsorship, Grants, Donations and in-kind Support
Council provides limited financial assistance to support community organisations and individuals making a positive contribution to the development of the Cassowary Coast region’s environmental, social and cultural values, economic, sport, recreation and lifestyle.
Financial assistance can be through sponsorship, grants, donations and in-kind support to individuals and not-for-profit community organisations. This intends to enhance livability through the breadth and quality of community events, services, programs and facilities in the Region consistent with the Council’s adopted Annual Budget and strategic priorities that are identified in its Corporate Plan and Operational Plan for any given year.
- Event Sponsorship
- Community Services Sponsorship
- Community Assistance Scheme Annual Grants
- Youth Assistance
- Cassowary Coast Community Christmas Appeal
- Letters of Support
- Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF)
For more information please refer to the Community Grant Guideline:
Annual Grant Applications 2020-21 Financial Year
Community Assistance Scheme Annual Grant Round 2020 – 2021
APPLICATIONS CLOSED: FRIDAY 26 FEBRUARY 2021
All applications are assessed on their merit against Council's Community Grants Policy and guidelines, as well as selection criteria set out in the policy and Guidelines. The Annual Grants Program funding provides funding up to 65% of project costs. You will be required to contribute either cash, in-kind support or both.
For the best opportunity to secure funding please discuss your project first with Council's Community Development Officer, Kath Hansen on the phone 4030 2255, or via email: email@example.com. Please see the Community Grants Guidelines and Assessment Criteria below for more details
- Organisations applying for funding under the Community Assistance Scheme Annual Grants must comply with Council's policy. All completed applications must be submitted by hard copy or email to:
- Cassowary Coast Regional Council,
PO Box 887, INNISFAIL Q 4860
- Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Council holds one round of community grants for community groups each year, with funding approvals capped at $3,000.
Information Privacy and Right to Information
Applicants must consent to the information contained within this application being disclosed to or by Cassowary Coast Regional Council for the purpose of assessing, administering, monitoring and evaluation. Council may contact other funding agencies to verify grants requested from other funding agencies in support of projects. For transparency, all payments will be viewable on this website.
Guidelines and Assessment Criteria
- Community Grant Policy
- Community Grant Policy Guidelines
- Community Assistance Scheme Annual Grant Application Form 2020/2021
- Community Assistance - Annual Community Grants Outcome Report 2020/2021
- Community Assistance - Youth Financial Assistance Form 2020/2021
- Community Assistance Scheme Assessment Criteria
- Letter of Support (for funding) Request Form
- Community Assistance - Annual Community Grants Outcome Report 2019/2020
- Community Assistance - Event Sponsorship Outcome Report 2019/2020
- Community Assistance - Funding Acknowledgement
12 tips for a strong application
- Give yourself enough time to gather the required information in order to submit your application by the deadline provided.
- Make sure you read the application kit carefully, including eligibility criteria and guidelines, as this will assist you in the quality of your application and ensure your project meets our assessment criteria.
- Contact your Council’s Grants Officer before you commence your application to discuss your project and to ensure your project meets eligibility and criteria.
- Follow all application instructions, adhere to word limits and make sure you answer all the required questions.
- Make sure you complete all contact details as this enables the assessors to contact you if they have questions about your application.
- Clearly identify how receiving a grant will meet a need in your community that will help foster inclusion and be of benefit to the community.
- Provide evidence/a compelling reason for your organisation to receive the funding requested.
- Ensure you have included your ABN and noted if you have DGR1 status (check at www.abr.business.gov.au).
- Keep your application short, sharp and succinct so it is easy to read, and remember to check spelling before submitting your application.
- Ensure you have included all the required supporting documentation ie quotes, letters of support/partnership/participation, incorporation certificate etc
- Ask someone unfamiliar with the project to read the application to check your information.
- Make sure you have engaged the necessary stakeholders within your organisation before applying for this grant.