Working at Cassowary Coast Regional Council
It is an exciting time to be part of the Cassowary Coast Regional Council, our commitment to a shared set of values offers great experiences through the building of a dynamic and inclusive workplace and community culture.
Council's 2021-2025 Corporate Plan outlines the overarching vision for the Cassowary Coast region ‘to provide great experiences, deliver value and create a sustainable future for their community.’ - One Coast - Cassowary Coast
With this philosophy in mind, Cassowary Regional Council is proud to provide our employees with excellent employment conditions and benefits that encourage employees to manage a healthy family/work life balance, including:
- Salaries - (Qld Local Government Inductry Awards (Stream A,B,C) and the Cassowary Coast Regional Council Certified Agreement)
- Up to 12% Employer Superannuation with Brighter Super (or your own choice of fund)
- Generous leave
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- 15 days personal (sick/carers) leave
- Early access to Long Service Leave (pro rata after 7 years service)
- Rostered Days Off
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to discounted health insurance
- Salary packaging opportunities for vehicles, rent, mortgages and utilities through Salary Packaging Australia
- Employee Assistance Program available for you and your family
- Membership to Fitness Passport Wellness Program for you and your family
- Flexible working arrangements
Diversity & Inclusion
At Cassowary Coast Regional Council, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity and we celebrate our inclusive workplace culture that brings great value to our organisation and community as a whole.
We promote and apply equality of opportunity throughout our recruitment process. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community and from anyone who believes they share these values, and is willing to champion the sustainabiltiy of our culturally diverse and inclusive team.
If you have further queries about working at Council, please contact our People & Culture team on P: 4034 8807 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council's Core Values
Cassowary Coast Regional Council is committed to working as one to realise our vision of ‘One Coast: Cassowary Coast’ to ensure great experiences, deliver value and create a sustainable future for our community.