Working at Cassowary Coast Regional Council
It is an exciting time to be part of the Cassowary Coast Regional Council, our commitment to a shared set of values offers great experiences through the building of a dynamic and inclusive workplace and community culture.
Council has recently released the 2021-2025 Corporate Plan - the overarching vision for the Cassowary Coast region is ‘to provide great experiences, deliver value and create a sustainable future for their community.’ By 2025 the goal is regional infrastructure that delivers appropriate levels of service supported by the community and to be financially sustainable.
With this philosophy in mind, Cassowary Regional Council is proud to provide our employees with excellent employment conditions and benefits that encourage employees to manage a healthy family/work life balance, including:
- Generous leave
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- 15 days personal (sick/carers) leave
- Early access to Long Service Leave (pro rata after 7 years service)
- Rostered Days Off
- Up to 12% Employer Superannuation with LGIA Super (or your own choice of fund)
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program which is also available for family members
- Access to discounted health insurance
- Salary packaging opportunities for vehicles, rent, mortgages and utilities through Salary Packaging Australia
- Flexible working arrangements
Council's Core Values
Cassowary Coast Regional Council is committed to working as one to realise our vision of ‘One Coast: Cassowary Coast’ to ensure great experiences, deliver value and create a sustainable future for our community.
Joining our Team
Employment opportunities are advertised regularly on our Positions Vacant page.
To apply for an advertised role with Council, you should review the information provided in the advertisement and the position description, and submit your application in the following format:
- Cover Letter (no more than 3 pages) addressing the Selection Criteria and the reason you are the ‘best fit’ for this role; and
- Resume - outlining your experience and relevant skills/qualifications
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview and unsuccessful candidates will be notified via email.
If you are selected as a preferred candidate you will be required to participate in pre-employment testing, which may include a drug and alcohol test, criminal history check and functional assessment.