Cassowary Coast Regional Council actively participates in vacation employment for various occupations.
Vacation employment provides students undertaking full-time degrees at an Australian-recognised university with the opportunity to gain valuable learning opportunities and a paid workplace experience.
Vacation employment provides paid short-term employment starting at the AO2 level.
Where opportunities exist, approved applicants will be offered paid employment on a fixed-term basis.
Vacation employment is subject to the availability of resources and the workloads of the relevant area, therefore requests may not always be accommodated.
Some work areas may require participants to possess a ‘Positive Notice Blue Card for Child Related Employment' or a ‘Queensland Construction Industry White Card'.
For further information, phone Council on 1300 763 903 and ask to speak with a member of the People and Culture team.
How to Apply
To be considered for a vacation employment placement you will need to apply at least 4 weeks prior to a commencement date.
To progress with an application:
- Complete a Vacation Employment Expression of Interest Form
- Attach a current resume
- Attach an academic transcript
- Send all documents to Council via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests for Vacation Employment will be forwarded to the relevant department for consideration
For some work placements within Council the following documentation may be required, to be supplied by the applicant:
- Proof of eligibility to work with children (if required for your preferred work area)
- Proof of eligibility to work on construction sites (if required for your preferred work area)