Community Venues for Hire
- Restrictions apply for gatherings and events. It is your responsibility to comply and you must hold a COVID Safe Plan.
- Penalties may apply for non-compliance.
- For further COVID-19 information or assistance phone:
- 13 42 68 or visit: https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/
You will need to apply for a permit for;
‘Activities or conduct: (a) formal or organised sporting or recreation activities; (b) social or community events for more than 50 people (more than 100 people in parks)’
A minimum of 14 days before event date is required for permits to be assessed and issued. Permit applications will not be accepted unless there are 14 days to process.
The following halls, recreational areas and meeting rooms are available for hire:
Council has community halls at Cardwell, Tully Heads and Mission Beach. For enquiries or bookings please contact the caretakers:
Cardwell Community Hall
Tully Heads Community Hall
Hall location is Acacia Close, Melaleuca Drive, Tully Heads (map)
Ph: 1300 763 903
South Mission Beach Community Hall (Frog's Hollow)
Hall location is South Mission Beach Road, South Mission Beach (map)
Ph: 0400 814 039
- South Mission Beach Community Hall Hire Application Form
- South Mission Beach Sportsground Hire Application Form
Mission Beach Progress Hall (North Mission Beach)
Hideaway Caravan Park
Ph: (07) 4068 7104
Tully Showgrounds, Butler St Tully (map)
For enquiries and/or bookings please phone Manager Tully Netball - Nadine on 0409 721 576.
Council has sportsgrounds at South Mission Beach and Cardwell for hire.
For hire and bookings please sign and complete the Sportsground Hire Form Agreement
South Mission Beach Sportsground
South Mission Beach Road, South Mission Beach, 4852.
Brasenose St, Cardwell QLD 4849
Pease Park (Innisfail Showgrounds)
- Children's covered playground
- Soccer and football fields
- Two volleyball courts
- Outdoor amphitheatre – limited power (concerts require a generator)
- Eight gazebos, 10 BBQs, six outdoor tables
- Birds (peacocks etc.)
- One and a half kilometres of continuous footpath
- All the trees are native (15,000 rainforest trees)
- Marshland habitat for all kinds of birds
- Seats up to 320 people
- Chairs and tables
- Power (limited)
- Function BBQ
- Soft drink machine
- 40 extra moveable chairs (in storage) if needed
- Public address system available with or without microphone cord (hire fee applies)
- Four moveable tables (2 large, 2 small)
- Refrigeration (bar hire is not required to hire refrigeration)
- Stove, microwave, and urn
- Sink and cupboards
- (No cutlery, cups or plates available)
- Large refrigerator (bar type – glass doors)
- Bar servery
Sports equipment for hire:
- Bocce (Italian bowls)
If staying at the park longer than public hours (9am to 6pm) a fee applies.
To book this facility please phone Customer Service on 1300 763 903.
Meeting rooms are available for hire by the public and private sector at our Cardwell, Innisfail and Mission Beach libraries. Meeting rooms are available both during and outside business hours. To enquire or make a booking, please phone 1300 366 616.
Council equipment hire includes dog traps, cat traps and anti-barking collars.
For details please view the Equipment Hire Application form.
Party Register - Party Safe!
Register your party with local police and you will receive some great advice and resources to help you organise a safe and lawful party.
Registering also ensures that, if things go wrong on the night, police have the necessary information to effectively deal with issues.
To find out more about Party Safe, go to www.police.qld.gov.au/party
Other Equipment for Hire
For a full listing and application to hire Council equipment including portaloos, marquees, portable stage, public address system, catwalk, dog trap, cat trap, pig trap and anti-barking collars please click here.