Level 3 water conservation measures
are now in place across the region.
Immediate Level 3 water restrictions are in place across the region due to minimal rainfall and increased water consumption levels over the last few months.
Level 3 water conservation measures for
watering of private gardens are:
- Sprinklers, micro spray and drip systems must not be used at any time.
- Hand held hoses, fitted with a trigger nozzle, can be used between 6am and 8am and 6pm and 8pm on the following days:
- Odd numbered houses on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
- Even numbered houses on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- No hosing is permitted on Mondays.
- Watering cans or buckets filled directly from taps can be used at any time.
For the full list of restrictions at Level 3
and other details about restrictions, please see:
- Cassowary Coast Schedule of Water Restriction Levels
- Use water wisely - Tips to conserve water in the home and garden
- Water Restriction Exemption Request Form
Water restrictions do not apply to consumers who are using a bore or rainwater tank for outdoor uses.
It is recommended, residents who have a bore or rainwater tank make application with Council to have the bore or tank registered with Council. Council will inspect the bore/tank and provide a sign (that can be erected on the fence), all at no cost to the applicant. The application form is below.