Level 2 water conservation measures now in place across the region.
Cassowary Coast Regional Council has introduced Level 2 water restrictions from 7/9/2018 as a result of minimal rainfall in the past two months, depleted supplies in our creeks and the Johnstone River and the likelihood of continuing hot conditions and low rainfall in the coming couple of months.
At Level 2 the water conservation measures for watering of private gardens are:
• Odd-numbered houses can use sprinklers on Tuesdays and Saturdays between 6am and 7am and 6pm and 7pm.
• Even-numbered houses can use sprinklers on Wednesdays and Sundays between 6am and 7am and 6pm and 7pm.
• No watering of gardens by trigger nozzles or sprinklers on Mondays.
• Hand-held hoses with a trigger nozzle can be used at any time on any day except Monday.
• Watering cans and buckets can be used at any time.
Fines may apply for water use not in accordance with Council’s Schedule of Water Restrictions.
For the full list of restrictions at level 2 and other details about restrictions, please see: