Level 2 water restrictions are in place across the Cassowary Coast region.
At Level 2, the water conservation measures include:
- No watering of gardens is permitted on Mondays whether by manual or automated sprinklers, micro spray or drip water systems or hand-held hoses;
- Odd numbered housese may use sprinklers on Tuesdays and Saturdays between 6am - 7am and 6pm - 7pm only;
- Even numbered houses may use sprinklers on Wednesdays and Sundays between 6am - 7am and 6pm - 7pm only.
- Hand-held hoses, fitted with a trigger nozzle, may be used on any day except Mondays;
- Watering cans or buckets can be used at any time.
For the list of water restriction levels, and details about each level, please see: