Cassowary Coast Regional Council actively participates in work experience placements for various occupations.
We offer unpaid work experience placements to school students, TAFE students and job seekers.
Approved participants will receive on-the-job experiences in their preferred area and will be engaged in "work shadowing".
To be eligible you must be:
- a secondary school student who is at least 14 years old
- a TAFE college student
- referred by an approved work experience referral agency.
Work experience positions are unpaid and participants must be registered with a recognised school, tertiary institution or referral agency that covers them for personal insurance and public liability.
Council may offer work experience in the below areas
How to Apply
To be considered for a work experience placement you will need to apply at least 4 weeks before you want to start.
The process is:
1. Complete a Work Experience Expression of Interest Form.
2. Send your Work Experience Expression of Interest Form to Council:
3. Your request will be forwarded to a representative of the relevant department/area who will confirm whether the work experience placement is available.
4. If a work experience placement is available, you will need to provide the following information prior to Council confirming your placement:
- Completed Work Experience Agreement Form (available directly from school or referral agency)
- Proof of insurance from your educational institution or referral agency
- Proof of eligibility to work with children (if required for your preferred work area)
- Proof of eligibility to work on construction sites (if required for your preferred work area).