Come and stay in caravan and camping grounds with ocean, river and rainforest views...
Council owns and runs a number of caravan parks/camping grounds in the region:
- Kurrimine Beach (On the beachfront)
- Mission Beach (On the beachfront at North Mission)
- Bingil Bay (On the beachfront at the northern end of Bingil Bay Beach, which is north of North Mission)
- Hull Heads (On river frontage a stone's throw from the beach off Luff St)
- Garden Island (Off Cardwell near Hinchinbrook Island. Transport can be arranged through Absolute North Charters & Hinchinbrook Island Ferries.) To book Garden Island please phone Customer Service on 1300 763 903).
Campers and caravanners are welcome to stay for up to 4 weeks in each camping area except Hull Heads where the longest stay is 4 nights. Please register on arrival. There are no forward bookings except for Garden Island which must be booked before arrival. Dogs are welcome at all of these camping spots except Garden Island. Dogs need to be on a lead at all times at our camping/caravan park grounds.
Council also owns caravan parks/camping grounds that are privately leased and operated:
- River Drive (In Innisfail with Johnstone River frontage)
Phone (07) 4061 2515
- Flying Fish Point (On the beachfront road with a rainforest backdrop about 10 minute's drive east from Innisfail)
Phone (07) 4061 3131
- Etty Bay (Beachfront south of Innisfail with a rainforest backdrop)
Phone (07) 4063 2314
- Cowley Beach (Beachfront)
Phone (07) 4065 4806
Council co-manages other camping areas:
- Dunk Island (off Mission Beach)
Travellers can deposit their wastewater (sewage) from caravans and RVs at Council's public dumping sites:
Mission Beach: 53 Porter Promenade (next to Mission Beach Caravan Park)
Innisfail: 3 River Avenue, Hadrell Park (Bruce Highway)
Tully: Tully Showgrounds Butler Street (on the left side of the showgrounds gate when entering)
Please use official camping spots in our region.
You can be fined for camping outside designated camping spots.
Please respect our region and stay in official camping grounds and caravan parks.