Waste Transfer Stations
All of Council's waste transfer stations now have designated recycling bins for:
- Container Refund Scheme eligible plastics containers. Click HERE to find out more.
- Clean steel cans
- Clean aluminium cans
If you have large quantities of poly pipe, plastic bumpers or similar items to dispose of, please call Council on 1300 763 903 to discuss recycling options.
The following items are also accepted at our waste transfer stations:
- ferrous metals ie: steel, galvanised iron & white goods
- non-ferrous metal ie: insulated wire, copper and brass
- batteries (wet cell batteries)
- car bodies - all fluids must be drained prior
- oil - motor vehicle only
- e-waste - computers, televisions
- Drummuster eligible containers, (clean, empty, rinsed chemical containers)
Green waste is accepted at waste transfer stations, and is mulched. Mulch can be purchased from our transfer stations.
Green Waste Disposal - Commercial Quantities $ including GST
Per cubic metre FREE FOR DOMESTIC
Mulch Purchase Prices
Domestic (self-loaded) FREE FOR DOMESTIC
Domestic (loaded if plant available) $7.00
Commercial per cubic metre (self-loaded) $10.00
Commercial per cubic metre (loaded if plant available) $14.00
The Johnstone River Community Gardens (near the Innisfail TAFE/State College off Flying Fish Point Rd) accepts paper, cardboard and aluminium cans. The gardens are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Phone 1300 763 903 or 07 4030 2222 for further information.
Mobile Phones & Printer Cartridges
Council has a Mobile Muster drop-off point for mobile phones at the Innisfail Shire Hall and Tully Civic Centre. Phones can also be handed in at post offices around the region. To see other Mobile Muster drop-off points, visit the website: http://www.mobilemuster.com.au/recycle-a-mobile/
Used printer cartridges can be dropped-off at the Innisfail Shire Hall customer service desk, as well as at businesses around the region that support Planet Ark. To find ‘Cartridges 4 Planet Ark’ collection points in the Cassowary Coast region you can use the following link: www.recyclingnearyou.com.au/cartridges/CassowaryCoastQLD
Bring your 'Impact Fertiliser' and 'Incitec Pivot' fertiliser bags to drop-off points at the Tully, Bells Creek and Stoters Hill waste transfer stations. Council has an agreement in place with Farm Waste Recovery for the recycling of these bags. Please roll your bags up.
Recycling in the Cassowary Coast Factsheet
For more information please see our "Recycling in the Cassowary Coast Region - Which Items Can I Recycle? What Do I Need To Do?" factsheet.
Hearing Aid Batteries: https://www.hearingsavers.com.au/recycling-your-hearing-aid-batteries/
Free Recycling Programs including beauty products, oral care, kids pouches and snacks, coffee pods and mailing satchets: http://www.terracycle.com.au/en-AU/brigades
- Paid Recycling Programs including book binders, cigarettes, coffee capsules, breakroom waste, mailroom supplies, media storage (CDs and records), office supplies, plastic gloves and snack wrappers: http://www.terracycle.com.au/en-AU/zero_waste_boxes