Apprenticeships and Traineeships
Apprenticeships and Traineeships at Council
Cassowary Coast Regional Council prides itself with offering the youth of our community opportunities for development through our Apprenticeship and Traineeship Program. This is a great chance to earn while you learn, developing skills and knowledge of Council and setting yourself up for future career opportunities.
We work in collaboration with Community Solutions Group. Council provides you with a great workplace to learn, and Community Solutions provide ongoing support as you complete your chosen qualifications.
Both apprenticeships and traineeships combine formal classroom study with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) with on-the-job training and supervision by another person with more experience.
Apprenticeships cover skilled trades and usually take about three to four years to complete. At completion you will end up with a trade qualification or licence.
Traineeships provide the opportunity for skill development and experience in an industry that doesn’t relate to a specific trade. Traineeships can be completed in one to two years.
Apprenticeship Vacancies Now Open For 2024 Intake
Cassowary Coast Regional Council is inviting all individuals interested in apprenticeships and traineeships commencing in 2024 to apply. This is a great opportunity to ‘earn while you learn’ in an environment that will provide a depth of experiences. Explore current vacanicies for the following roles:
- Apprenticeships Carpenter - Tully (To Start 2023)
- Civil Construction (pipelaying) (3 years) - Tully and Innisfail
- Conservation and Ecosystem Management (2 years) - Innisfail
- Information Technology Trainee (2 years) - Innisfail
- Library Trainee (18 months) – Innisfail
- Business Trainee for HR team (1 year) – Innisfail
Cassowary Coast Regional Council is strengthened by diversity and we celebrate our inclusive workplace culture that brings great value to our organisation and community as a whole. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community, including people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as LGBTIQA+.
Want to learn more about becoming a Trainee or Apprentice with Council?
Council is hosting a “Trainee & Apprentice Meet & Greet”
When: Tuesday 17 October 2023
Time: 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Where: Innisfail Library Level 3, 49 Rankin Street
This is a perfect opportunity to find out the details of what a traineeship or apprenticeship looks like and what working at Council might feel like.
Register your attendance via emailing email@example.com
We hope to see you there!
- Earn while you learn
- 19 day month or 9 day fortnight working arrangements
- Uniforms and PPE supplied
- 100% training costs paid for by Council
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Ongoing support and mentoring
Our Apprenticeships and Traineeships will kick off in 2024. Depending on your field of choice, they will span 12 months (Business Traineeships) to 4 years (Apprenticeships).
- Aged 15 years or older
- An Australian or New Zealand Citizen or permanent resident
- Must not have completed a traineeship in the same vocation being applied for
- Additional eligibility criteria applies for Skilling Queenslanders for Work funding