Ready, Set, Race - Red Bull Defiance 2023
Red Bull Defiance will hit the shores of Mission Beach this weekend, with up to 160 athletes participating in teams of two, set to take on the three-day world-class adventure race.
Described as brutal but beautiful the race covers over 150km of Cassowary Coast terrain and features multiple stages of trail running, mountain biking, white-water rafting, kayaking, and mystery challenges.
From Mission Beach, the endurance event traverses from the Tully River at Cardstone to Mena Creek, and out to Dunk Island, showcasing the spectacular natural landscapes and adventurous diversity of the Cassowary Coast.
If you would like to be involved in the action, the Red Bull Defiance team is still seeking volunteers. Alternatively, you can catch the action as a spectator at the locations below:
Day 1 – Friday 25 August
- 3:00pm - 5:30pm - Event Opening and Prologue - Tuskers South Mission Beach
Day 2 – Saturday 26 August
- 2:00pm-7:00pm - Competitor finish line - Mena Creek Oval
- 7:30pm onwards - Mission Beach Outdoor Film Festival - Garage Bar, Mission Beach
Day 3 – Sunday 27 August
- 7:00am - Start of Day 3 (Stage 4: kayak) - Tuskers, South Mission Beach
- 12:15pm - 6:30pm - Competitor finish race - Tuskers, South Mission Beach
- 6:30pm onwards - After Party and Presentation - Tuskers, South Mission Beach
Cassowary Coast – official location of Red Bull Defiance Australia.
For more information on the event and for further course information visit https://defiance.events/.