REGISTER TODAY FOR THE TILAPIA TOURNAMENT!
A fun and free competitive event to remove the invasive fish species from the Warrina Lakes waterways. Tilapia are considered a pest as they outbreed out local native species and dirty up the waters which make it harder for other species to co-exist.
The wildly popular event is on again from Monday 19 September to Saturday 24 September with fishing permitted weekdays 8am – 3pm and a last day fishing Tilapia Tackler event 8am – 10am Saturday.
Tilapia Tournament 2022
- Starting Monday 19, September (Monday to Friday 8am – 3pm)
- Last Day Tilapia Tackler Fishing Event on Saturday 24 September (8am – 10am)
- Winners will be presented on Saturday from 11am
- Warrina Lakes, Innisfail
- FREE registration
Tilapia Tournament Rules
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All participants must be registered.
- Fishing may only take place 8am to 3pm, Monday 21 to Saturday 25 september 2021 and sunday 26 September between 8am to 10am.
- No dogs, alcohol or inappropriate behaviour will be tolerated.
- No spearguns or nets allowed.
- Fishing hooks and other waste should be disposed of appropriately.
- Captured tilapia must be measured and recorded at the measuring station before disposing in the bins provided.
- Under no circumstance is anyone to take fish carcasses off the premises.
- Warrina lakes is also home to turtles, eels and other fish. Should you accidentally catch anything other than tilapia you must return it to the lake as safely as possible.
- Please also take care of our bird life including geese, ducks and ibis' by not leaving hooks and fishing lines on the ground.
Council will be monitoring the event - any participants in breach of these rules will be asked to leave.