Guidelines for interacting with Council via Social Media
Thank you for connecting with Council through our online community. Our social media platforms are a place to update the community on everything happening in our region, what projects are occuring, share public notices or photos of the region and issue media statements.
We encourage you to connect with Council through our social media channels and let us know where you adventure in our region through #cassowarycoast.
We want to keep our online community a safe and positve space for our residents to connect, so any offensive language, naming, shaming, trolling and bullying will not be tolerated.
If your post violates any part of the below Social Media Community Guidelines, it will be deleted. If you repeatedly breach these guidelines, we may block you from Cassowary Coast Regional Council's Facebook page.
SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
Cassowary Coast Regional Council's social media pages exists to provide information on Council initiatives, events, programs and news. It is used as an important tool for Council to actively engage with the community, serving as a place for discussion, enquiries and an active exchange of ideas.
We would like our social media pages to be friendly and welcoming to all users. In order for this to happen, we will moderate as required.
We ask that when you engage with us, you ensure that you:
- do not harass, abuse or threaten other visitors on site.
- do not post comments or images that are likely to offend others, particularly in reference to an individual’s race, age, gender, sexuality political leaning, religion or disability.
- do not use obscene or offensive language.
- do not post repeat comments continuously.
- do not promote anything that may constitute spam, such as commercial interests, solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of any non-governmental agency.
- do protect your personal privacy by not including email addresses, phone numbers or home addresses on the public post page.
- do write comments and posts on our pages that relate directly to Cassowary Coast Regional Council services, programs or enquiries.
Violation of the above will lead to moderation and the potential removal of your comment.
Please contact Cassowary Coast Regional Council by phone, email, or in writing if you:
- would like to change your address
- pay a bill
- make an official complaint
- report a problem or request for service
- wish to respond to an item of Community consultation
It is our hope that people feel safe and welcome on the Cassowary Coast Regional Council Facebook page. We welcome all courteous comments and look forward to the engagement this page continues to bring between council and the local community
Connect with us via Social Media
Facebook: Stay up to date through our Facebook
Youtube: Watch our Council Meeting on Livestream via Council's Website
Instagram: Follow us on Instagram
Linkedin: Keep connnected via our Linkedin