Lodging a Building Application

To lodge a development application for building work, you may need to submit the following documentation depending on the nature of the work:

  • A properly completed DA Form 2 - Building Work Details
  • A Site Plan showing the proposed structure in relation to all boundaries and any other structures that may be located on the lot
  • Construction Plans that have been stamped and signed by an Engineer.
  • Form 15 Compliance Certificate for Building Design or Specification which must be completed by a competent person in relation to the design of the proposed building work. (This is usually completed by the engineer.)
  • Report on Energy Efficiency Design which includes a Form 15 (not required for Class 10a building work)
  • Soil classification report
  • Confirmation of QBCC Home Warranty Insurance Notice of Cover (if a builder is a registered builder and the project value is greater than $3,300)
  • Confirmation of QLeave Portable Long Service Levy (if project value is greater than $150,000)
  • Owner Builder Permit (if owner builder project is greater than $11,000)

A handy checklist outlining all of the above can be found at this link: Building Application Guidelines and Building Checklist Factsheet.

Building Applications can be submitted by email, post or physically at any one of our Council Offices. Postal details and office locations can be viewed on the Contact page of our website. If emailing:

  1. And your application is for a property located to the south of El Arish and Bingil Bay (inclusive), please email it to buildingsouth@ccrc.qld.gov.au; or
  2. And your application is for a property located to the north of Silkwood and Kurrimine Beach (inclusive), please email it to buildingnorth@ccrc.qld.gov.au

All development applications can be tracked using MyCouncil.  Please see the MyCouncil Factsheet for more information about the MyCouncil website.

Fees and Charges

Fees and charges are applicable at the time of lodgement. A link to Council's Fees and Charges is shown below:

Use this link to view Council's Fees and Charges

Development Permits

Once a Development Application for Building Work has been lodged with Council it will be given a Development Application (DA) number. When the application is considered properly made, the assessment of the application can commence and it is carried out in accordance with the Development Assessment Rules.

The currency period for the development approval (building works) is two years, starting the day the approval is granted or takes effect (or six months for re-roof, demolition and swimming pool applications).

If, after this time you are yet to complete the building work, either the owner or applicant may request an extension to the currency period, provided such a request is made before the development approval lapses. If you wish to request an extension to the currency period for your Development Application for Building Work please complete the Request for Extension to the Currency Period Form and submit to Council along with the applicable fee. Your request will be passed on to management and a decision made in due course.

Prior to your permit lapsing, a Form 57 (reminder notice for the lapsing of an approval) will be issued. If you receive a Form 57 and the works have been completed, please contact Council's Building Services team to arrange for a final inspection to be carried out before the lapsing date.

Please note, a garbage service will be established on the property upon the issue of a Final Inspection Certificate for plumbing and drainage work associated with a residential use.  Wheelie bins will automatically be ordered and delivered to site.

In this section