Road Closure

Application for Road Closure

Applications for road closures (temporary or permanent), permits to occupy and other forms of tenure over road reserves must be made through the Department of Natural Resources and Mines and Energy (DNRME).

Council is asked by DNRME to provide comment on these applications, and has a Road Closure Applications Policy which guides Council's responses in relation to these applications.

To reduce application assessment time, DNRME has updated the form 'LA30 Statement in relation to an application under the Land Act 1994 (Land Act) over State land - Part C', and requires potential applicants to contact and seek the written views of the local government on the proposed use prior to lodging an application with DNRME. The updated form is now available on the DNRME website.

For further information in relation to road closures and other land tenure matters, please contact Council's planning services manager on 1300 763 903 or (07) 4030 2241.